And backdating of

Rated 4.45/5 based on 715 customer reviews

You can make a new claim for housing benefit if you're working age and either: You can ask to backdate your claim for up to 1 month when you apply for housing benefit.The council must backdate it if you had a good reason for claiming late.

There are some ways in which the lawyer can give himself some protection in agreeing to such a request but they are not foolproof.I am sure that from time to time we have all come across the vexed question of backdating documents.A client or, in the case of an in house lawyer colleague (who for the purposes of this article will also be considered a client), asks you to prepare a document and then your heart sinks as he says “oh and it has to be dated” and gives a date which has already passed.If one of you is working age, you'll usually have to claim universal credit instead.Most working age people can't make a new claim for housing benefit - they have to claim universal credit instead.

Leave a Reply