Intimidating work

Rated 3.88/5 based on 936 customer reviews

In cases dealing with discrimination suffered under the Equal Pay Act, victims may either sue or file a charge with the EEOC, and they have two years to do the latter.

In addition, if you feel like your case isn't being handled properly or that your employer is discriminating against you because you filed the complaint, it's wise to contact an attorney for further advice.

You'll need to provide your name, address, telephone number, and detailed information about your workplace and your employer.

Also, be prepared to talk about the harassment you faced and any discrimination that may have resulted. In some cases, the EEOC asks the complainant and the employer to participate in a mediation program, which may lead to a voluntary settlement.

Then, you can schedule an interview with a staff member, also through the portal, and file a charge if you feel that it’s warranted. Their website offers a tool that finds the closest office to you.

Check with the state department of labor for information on state protections and how to file a charge, if applicable.

To file a charge of discrimination, first submit an inquiry through the EEOC’s online portal.

Do you feel that you might be the victim of workplace harassment?

Federal law offers protections from unlawful harassment, which includes incidents that interfere with your success at work or create a hostile work environment.

Leave a Reply